Alright guys, time for another blog income report!
I’m so glad that I decided to start doing these income reports back in June, and today’s report is kind of interesting.
- Clever Girls Collective Sponsored Posts: $880
- Her Campus Social Post: $35
- Blog Coaching Calls (which I’m now offering- contact me here- $25/hr): $25
- Social Fabric: $225
- Miscellaneous Sponsored Work: $50
- Linquia: $88
- Panel Contribution: $100
- Share A Sale: $4.29
- Google Adsense: $14.80
- Media.net Ads: $22.92
- Amazon Associates: $42.09
- Compensation in form of products/lodging: $118
Total: $1,605.10 (28,767 page views)
Just for comparison purposes…
This was April: TOTAL: $202.82 (11,936 page views)
This was May: TOTAL: $434.18 (16,456 page views)
This was June: TOTAL: $1,188.77 (21,747 page views)
And this was July: TOTAL: $1,420.44 (40,812 page views)
So the biggest thing I noticed this month was the definite decrease in page views. I was really bummed about that at first,but I knew this would happen.
Why? Well, because a couple of my most popular posts have slowly been losing traction.
That’s what happens sometimes.
Yea, you’ve got one or two great posts, but if you only count on THOSE posts to get you your traffic, you’re setting yourself up for total failure.
Because just like what happened to me this month, sometimes those posts lose their popularity and they die.
Luckily, I’ve been writing more than ever, so I’ve had other posts bringing in traffic too.
Yea, July was a better month for page views, but I’m still doing better than I did in June, which makes me happy. I’m looking at this month as a challenge, and I’m setting a goal of increase page views by at least 5,000.
We’ll see how that goes.
But the other thing I want to point out here is that even though I had a significant decrease in traffic, I still made MORE money than I did last month, which supports what I’ve been saying for a while now…YOU CAN STILL MAKE MONEY BLOGGING WITHOUT TONS OF PAGE VIEWS.
Without a doubt, I had a great month for sponsored posts. Despite my initial thoughts that it might be a slower month, I was 100% wrong. There were a lot of great campaigns open and I’m happy I got to be a part of them.
I also had my first one-on-one blog coaching call this month and it was so much fun! Definitely something I hope to do more of in the future. $25 for a one hour session with me. So if you’re interested, contact me here and we’ll set something up.
I also got a room on South Beach for $50 in exchange for a post about my stay. I explained all of that in my blog post earlier this week where I talked about my blog media kit and the many advantages of having one.
That was one of my goals from last month, btw!
Finally getting around to making my media kit! Super happy I accomplished that!
This month, I’ve got a few projects lined up, but again, I’m a little concerned about the potential sponsored posts for this month. That’s why I’m constantly looking for ways to diversify my income.
And speaking of diversifying my income, I’ll also be spending a lot of time writing my book, since in case you guys missed the memo, I officially landed my very first book deal!! (More info on that coming later this week!)
So that’s it! My August Blog Income Report!
Hope you guys had a great month too!
Now it’s your turn to share! What have you guys been doing to help monetize your blog?? Let’s help each other out in the comments!!
Check out more of my posts on blogging, and keep checking back here for more monthly income reports!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- June Blog Income Report
- You Can Make Money Blogging Without Tons of Page Views
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on:
* This post contains affiliate links, so if you decide to use any of my links, I’ll receive a small commission of anything you purchase. A BIG THANKS for supporting Gen Y Girl.