I’ve been struggling with a really annoying problem lately and I don’t know what to do.
I’m tired… ALL THE TIME.
And I hate it!
Someone please explain this to me…
I’m a CrossFit junkie three times a week.
I eat pretty healthily (I hope that’s a word).
And I’m 22 years old!
So where’s all my energy gone?
I see people twice my age going out and having a great time and me…all I want to do is take a nap.
That can’t be normal.
In the three years that I’ve been working full-time, it’s almost like all the life has been sucked out of me.
I kind of want to cry.
But it’s not an unusual feeling, really. Research the negative affects of work and you’ll find the following:
And then we wonder why so many people are dropping dead from heart attacks.
We work and we work and we work. And when we’re done with that, we work some more.
Because if we do stop, if we do take a break, we’re not committed.
We’re considered lazy.
We’re not the one the boss wants on her team.
I really wish that this attitude would change, though.
I wish that people would be judged by the quality of what they contribute.
Not by how many hours they work.
I’m way too young to have to deal with that the rest of my life.
And if proving that I’m committed to my work means that I can’t take a break every once in a while for my own health…
I’ll proudly accept my title as Worst Employee of the Year.
Now do yourself a favor and check out this AWESOME infographic about breaks and why they’re SUPER IMPORTANT!
And when you’re done with that…go enjoy your weekend! 😀
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- June Blog Income Report
- You Can Make Money Blogging Without Tons of Page Views
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on: