Alright you guys! Raise your hand if you can believe it’s already summer! ?
What the crap, man? Christmas will be here in 6 months! Better start saving like, NOW.
Anyway, although it’s technically summer year-round here in Miami, I thought it’d be fun to share some of my favorite summer activities for those days when you’re bored AF and have no idea what to do.
Most of these are super affordable and they’ll get you out of your summer rut in no time! Enjoy!
- Visit your local library and check out a few new books
- Go for a quick run
- Better yet, go for an ice cream run
- Plan a beach day
- No beach? No problem. Inflatable pools are just as awesome
- Have a family game night – Uno, Monopoly, Jenga
- Or have a game night with friends – Cards Against Humanity
- Host a bonfire and of course, make Smores
- Make a kick-ass summer playlist and have a dance party (even if it’s by yourself)
- Make DIY ice cream sandwiches
- Plan a picnic at the park (unless you’re in Florida because you’d die of heat stroke)
- Visit your closest National Park
- Start a garden
- DIY popscicles? Yes, please!
- Go for a bike ride
- Host a summer luau
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Take a trip to your local farmer’s market
- Movie + popcorn night!
- Make fresh lemonade
- Grab some pillows + blankets and stargaze at night
- Visit a local museum
- Host a flamingo-themed party
- Learn how to properly cut a whole watermelon
- Try out a new summer makeup look
- Nap all day and don’t even feel a little bit guilty
- Put your bartending skills to the test and invent a signature summer cocktail
- Be five again and treat yourself to a snow cone!
- Did someone say backyard BBQ?
- Go to the zoo!
- Make homemade ice cream
- Spend the day outside taking photos with your camera
- Take a spontaneous road trip
- Host a cornhole tournament
- Visit a water park
- Throw a Christmas in July party
- Create a summer savings goal
- Beat the heat at an indoor ice skating rink
- Try paddle board yoga because goals
- Bake a pie – this one’s delicious
- Bring a little life into your wardrobe with some fun colorful jewelry
- Plan a relaxing pool day
- Challenge yourself to a round (or two) of mini golf
- Make a little extra cash by throwing a garage sale
- Reevaluate your career goals
- Explore a small town you’ve never been to before
- Treat yourself to an at-home spa day
- Buy yourself flowers and make a beautiful arrangement
- Go camping or glamping, whichever you prefer
- Turn off your phone and have an in-person conversation with someone
So there you have it! 50 fun summer activities to keep you busy this season!
Oh and since I DO like celebrating summer, I’ve teamed up with an incredible group of bloggers to give away $200 cash via PayPal! The giveaway ends 7/6, so be sure to enter as much as you can. The winner will be selected and notified by 7/9, and yea, if you’re the lucky winner, you’ll have two hundred bucks to help you with your summer bucket list! Best of luck, friends!
Other posts you might like:
- Millennials Redefine Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
*Affiliate links are included in this post.
Leave a Reply