Congratulations! You are not a tree!
Well obviously, but I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this…
You don’t like where you are in your career? Okay, so change it.
You don’t like your boyfriend? Okay, get a new one.
You don’t like the relationship you have with your staff? Fix it.
You don’t like the direction your company is heading in? Steer it in a new one.
Too often we fail to remember that we can change things.
Instead, we complain and we vent. We annoy people to death with our problems.
It seems that we’re great at pointing out all of the things that we’d like to change, yet we struggle with the understanding that we can do more than just complain.
So why don’t we change things?
Because we’re scared? Because we’re comfortable?
These are not good enough reasons.
Maybe it’s because we get to a point where we feel that we’re stuck?
Well guess what…
We’re not stuck. We can fix things and we can make things better. Nothing is permanent.
We’re not trees, and this is a good thing.
LOOKING FOR SOME career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.