This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Sara Lee®, and Hershey’s® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SweetTreatDessert http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I’ve been ignoring Joe lately.
I know, I’m terrible.
But between last minute wedding shopping and floral samples and dress fittings, my life is pretty chaotic right now.
Regardless, it’s still not very nice that I’ve been neglecting him.
So since I’ve been feeling really bad about it, I decided to do something nice for him today.
I decided to make him some dessert.
Now, we’ve been over this a million times….I don’t make anything fancy.
There are 8-year-olds that cook better than me, and I’m totally cool with that.
So Sara Lee® and Hershey’s® saved my life today.
Strawberry trifles, baby!
Quick, and easy.
I ran over to Publix and picked up everything I needed.
- Sara Lee’s All Butter Pound Cake
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Jello Pudding
Yay for easy recipes!!
I made the pudding which took no more than 5 minutes. I poured 2 cups of milk into a bowl, mixed the powder into it, and whisked for 2 minutes.
Gosh, whisking’s a killer workout!
But yea, that’s it.
Then I took the pound cake out of the packaging, threw it into the microwave for 60 seconds, and cut it up into little cubes.
The last part of my prep was cutting up the strawberries.
Then I made the trifles!
Look how cute they came out!!!!
LOL I’m totally kidding.
I think if I’d handed Joe that, he would’ve cried.
Here’s what they REALLY looked like!
Now, don’t go judging me on my artistic food-prepping skills.
I’m more of a Picasso when it comes to these things.
So I layered the trifles with the pound cake, pudding, strawberries, whipped cream, and then I repeated the ingredients one more time.
After that, I topped them off with Hershey’s syrup.
But whatever, they were freaking delicious!
Up until today, I had never tried these Sara Lee frozen desserts.
But now I know they’re out there, so I think I’m in trouble!
With almost no time spent in the kitchen, I was able to actually relax with Joe on the couch for the first time all week.
Just him, me, and these things right here…
And you know what? It was just what I needed.
Yummy dessert, and some cuddling.
Yep, I’m really easy to please!
So what do you think?? Have you guys ever tried these?? What’d you make?
Head over to Publix and receive a FREE 17-24oz Hershey’s® Syrup when you buy any ONE (1) Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert item now thru 10/09/15 while supplies last.
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.