I think we work too hard.
I think we stress too much.
I think we’re headed in the wrong direction.
We’re not enjoying life like we should.
No, we’re not.
When you’re stuck at your office for 50+ hours a week, how can you?
I think our priorities are all screwed up.
Our culture’s at fault for that, but we continue to perpetuate these screwed up priorities, and no one’s putting an end to it.
We’re glorified when our jobs are our lives.
We’re considered slackers when our jobs are just PART of of them.
We war hard so we can spend money.
We spend money we don’t have, and then we have t work to pay it back.
With so much exhaustion around us, where is there room for enjoying this?
Where’s the time and the energy to enjoy it all?
Where’s the wonder?
I feel like people used to explore.
All the books I’ve read tell me it’s true.
That people enjoyed things.
They went outside.
They made friends.
They made memories.
Family time was family time.
Not everyone on the couch on their iPhones time.
Not mom and dad getting home at 8pm and then logging back into their computers, checking e-mails until bedtime.
What are we really missing out on?
My gut tells me, a lot.
My gut tells me we need to slow down.
Like, way way down.
I want to enjoy life.
I want to explore.
I want to wonder.
I want to sit outside, no phone in my hand, and enjoy the sounds.
Enjoy the breeze.
For just a few seconds, I want to not worry about anything.
I want to feel grounded.
Connected to myself.
Who does that anymore?
Who has time for the simple life?
Not so lucky most of us.
Most of the time, I feel like my brain is on fire.
Too much to do…
It consumes me.
I want to do everything, and I also want to do nothing.
But I want to live my life.
Live it and feel it and breathe it.
I want to do things that are fun and exciting.
Things that scare me.
Things that challenge me.
Too many empty shells walking around.
Too many dreams thrown to the side.
Let’s pick them back up.
Let’s go for it.
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.