So here’s a series I’ve been wanted to bring to the blog since FOREVER!
Today, I’m super excited to share with you our very first Wear To Work Wednesday!
In my new book, Corporate Survival Guide For Your Twenties, I mention how important it is for young professionals to dress appropriately in the workplace.
Really, it’s important for EVERYONE to dress appropriately at work (and not look like a stripper) but for us young peeps, it’s 10x more important.
Well, because we have to work extra hard for people to take us seriously, you know?
And if we look like we’re going clubbing later, people are going to pay attention to our boobs, not our brains.
That being said, I’m still all about looking chic and fashionable at work.
(Except on the days when I sleep through my 14 alarms and have to throw on the very first thing I see in my closet.)
Because we CAN look like the kick-ass boss ladies we are at work, while still keeping it classy.
So from now on, Wednesdays will be Wear To Work Wednesdays, and I’ll share with you guys some of my favorite fashion picks of the week for the corporate world.
- Express White One-Button Jacket // Now’s the perfect time for a chic white suit. Pair it with some nude pups or add a pop of color with some bright pink sandals, and you’ve got yourself a classy work outfit.
- Halogen Slim Stretch Cotton Blend Ankle Pants// LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I’m a big fan of ankle pants, and this pale pink color is to die for. Perfect for spring, while still saying, “yea, this girl over here’s sophisticated.”
- Ann Taylor Embroidered Floral Top // I absolutely adore this top because it doesn’t have a low neckline but still has a flirty feminine vibe. I have like a million shirts this color because they pair well with almost anything.
- BaubleBar Collar // Nothing says #bosslady like a statement necklace. Even if you tend to stick with the blacks and whites and nudes as far as your clothes go, every once in a while, it’s nice to bring some life to your outfits with a bold accessory. I’m loving mint now, so this color is perfection.
Let me know what you guys think! What are your wear to work staples? Any epic fashion fails you’ve seen at work lately? I’m dying to know!
LOOKING FOR SOME career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.